
DANGER! Blaspheming and not so fluffy parenting thoughts ahead!
I preface this by saying that I love Seth more than anything on earth, even myself.
A couple days ago Seth was really wailing and to occupy myself as I sat on the couch dungeon I was looking at baby items online. I came across a moses basket and it started me thinking about the story of Moses being cast down the river and whether or not this tale might be a classic example of revisionist history. Since I was currently thinking that casting my own child down a river in a basket might not be a bad idea, I wondered if Moses' mother maybe felt the same way. Perhaps she did in fact cast him off to a better life out of frustration and not to avoid the Pharoh's wrath. She did end up suckling him. If in a moment of insanity, I cast my son down a river, I would immediately feel the remorse of my actions and make roads to at the very least make sure he prospered in his new life. So maybe this isnt a tale of selflessness that showed the humble roots of a prophet but a tale of selfishness and its repercussions that got glossed over thousands of years ago.
"Whoa this is too dark for a blog, lady" you say? Ok, you're right, back to the fluffy from now on. I love you Seth and thanks to Daddy for his mad photoshoppin' skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment